1. Dream Realms is a RolePlaying forum for ages 18+ for our site contains sexual content. There are very few limits that we put on our members allowing them to be as creative as they want without the feeling of being judged or turned away. What ever your tastes in Role Plays whether you choose to reside in the Sweet Dreams area for sweet vanilla content or to be as dark as you want in the Nightmare Realms. The choice is yours. If you haven't already Registered.....No time like the present.

<(0_0<) ^(0_0)^ (> 0_0)>
  2. Welcome Guest! Please make sure to check out our rules first located here. Chatting meets your fancy? Check out the chat Bar below for a faster way to reach out to staff and members! Don't forget to introduce yourself so that we can all get to know you a little better too. You can find that thread here!

3. Hey Guest. Don't forget to vote for us every 24 hours! :D Thanks for helping us to be the best we can be!

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

And if you have time why not give a 2nd vote for us on Top Site List Planet <(o_o<)Vote for Dream Realms Roleplaying at Top Site List Planet

Standard role play tips - Respecting your partner's creativity.

Discussion in 'Helpful Tip's And Guides' started by Dwoemer, May 5, 2018.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Dwoemer

Dwoemer I'm the nightmare your mother warned you about. Staff Member Dream Realms Moderator DR Supporter

Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    Well, you would figure that after role playing for close to 30 years, I would have had a set of rules in place to lock down how others interact with me.

But why the hell do I want to do that, when role play should be a more free flowing sharing of ideas....right?

For me, it should be just that, a respectful sharing of creativity. Both partners pulling together a storyline that they can get excited and deeply involved in. Every once in a while, someone has the perfect scenario that you just can't help but be entranced by. Those moments....so few and far between, are like liquid gold.

Now, we don't know how long your partner has been working on that idea, or how many times they have tried to find the perfect partner to make it work. However long that may be....one thing is clear. They have taken the time to flesh out something that really appeals to you.

So, what do you do? You jump right in and roleplay the hell out of it don't you? Well anyone with an ounce of respect does.

images9LOQ7FES.jpg

Yet....there are others who can't help but think that plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. Anyone that has spent time in sharing their creativity knows that this is rubbish. We crave interaction, creative sharing and above all else....we want to see our stories grow.

1vt0du.jpg

To be crystal clear, stealing your partner's idea and posting it as your own.....is definitely not cool, or respectful to the time that they have spent on sharing their creativity with you. The last thing that you want to develop, is a reputation as someone who isn't going to respect their partners, because you will quickly find that people don't find that appealing.

So, if you love a scenario that has been given to you, then let your partner know....by bringing it to life with them. None of us wants to have our time wasted, so show your partners the respect that their ideas deserve.