1. Dream Realms is a RolePlaying forum for ages 18+ for our site contains sexual content. There are very few limits that we put on our members allowing them to be as creative as they want without the feeling of being judged or turned away. What ever your tastes in Role Plays whether you choose to reside in the Sweet Dreams area for sweet vanilla content or to be as dark as you want in the Nightmare Realms. The choice is yours. If you haven't already Registered.....No time like the present.

<(0_0<) ^(0_0)^ (> 0_0)>
  2. Welcome Guest! Please make sure to check out our rules first located here. Chatting meets your fancy? Check out the chat Bar below for a faster way to reach out to staff and members! Don't forget to introduce yourself so that we can all get to know you a little better too. You can find that thread here!

3. Hey Guest. Don't forget to vote for us every 24 hours! :D Thanks for helping us to be the best we can be!

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

And if you have time why not give a 2nd vote for us on Top Site List Planet <(o_o<)Vote for Dream Realms Roleplaying at Top Site List Planet

Tips: How to find the perfect partner

Discussion in 'Helpful Tip's And Guides' started by Otys, Aug 29, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Otys

Otys Demon DR Supporter

Local Time:
    1:13 PM
    Someone walks into a bar and says
    “Can I have a drink, please?”
    Okay.
    “Maybe some alcohol. I like all kinds of alcohol”
    Sure... What kind of alcohol do you want? Draft beer, bottled beer, wine, liquor, spirit.... What do you want?
    “Um, I hate beer, liquor is too sweet, and spirit is too strong...Wine. I want some wine.”
    I’m losing patience. Red wine, white wine, Rose wine, sparkling wine...
    "Um...red.”
    Okay, we are getting somewhere, but can you be a bit more specific?
    “Small Merlot!”
    YES!

“I’m looking for a RP partner”
    Oh really? We’d all be very surprised if you were looking to rent a car here.
    “Just any, literate partner”
    If this is the case, check out what search threads have been posted, maybe your perfect partner is there. We are all kind of literate here...
    “I didn’t like anything in there.”
    Then post, but tell us everything you want. You have ideas? List them. You prefer this over that, tell us. “I like this and this, I want a story to be like this, this and this, and a partner to be like this, this and this and I want them to keep me interested”
    A partner matching your request will appear.
    YES!
    But it’s not a matter of them keeping you interested, it should be mutual. If not your perfect partner may well disappear.

How hard can it be?

2. angelicmadrigal

angelicmadrigal Resident RP Goddess of Burnout

Local Time:
    8:13 AM
    Another suggestion I have on this is check out the potential partner's other work on DR. Pretty much anyone I RP with has been "screened" in some variety. I also encourage potential RP partners to check out my work (both from DR and my Logs from Elsewhere) threads. Sometimes, the proof is in the pudding.

3. The Quill

The Quill Dream Realms Addict

Local Time:
    8:13 AM
    I would also recommend making it very clear in your search thread what you are and aren't comfortable with. This hasn't happened to me here yet, but on other sites I had people trying to push me beyond my limits over what I was comfortable with. Post your limits and your kinks on your search thread so you get people with similar interests. If they try to push you beyond your stated limits then they clearly didn't read your thread and have no respect for your boundaries.